While working on SharePoint integration, I received a request to display parent Entity SharePoint documents on child entity as well. To achieve this, I first enabled Document Management on Child Entity. Then created a flow to trigger when new child record gets created.
- Navigate to Flow.Microsoft.com à Sign-in and select your environment.
Add a step Row added, modified or deleted.
List All document locations for the parent record
For each Document Location retrieved, add a new Document location for the child entity
- In the above step, you are creating a SharePoint Document location record where regarding object is set to child entity and Location set to Parent Site and relative URL as well pointing to the parent record.
- Once these steps are configured, Save flow.
- Now, navigate to Parent record and create associated Child record.
Navigate to Child record, this should display Parent documents grid.
- Assumption is that, When the child record is created, Parent already has its folder created in SharePoint else location settings and relative URL settings may cause issues.