In this article, I will be talking about how to enable Portal for Dynamics365. To start with I have already created a trail instance for Dynamics365 will all options enabled. Though it is not required to have all options, I created it so that I can reuse this instance for other examples.
Note: To provision a portal you must be an administrator and office global administrator to manage a portal.
- Login to portal.office.com with the admin credentials used to create Dynamics365 Instance.
Navigate to Admin Center and click on Dynamics 365.
- Dynamics365 Administration center will be loaded in different window. Choose Application menu on top. Where you select Portal add-on and click on Manage.
- A new page opens with configuration options for portal. In the first page, provide Portal Name, Portal URL and Dynamics 365 instance. There is another type attribute which is filled as trail by default.
- On the next screen, more configurations will be asked like language, portal audience, Admin user information, portal to be deployed and few other options. This articles doesn’t focus on providing details on different portal audience other deployment types. I will write another article on that.
- On submitting on this page a license agreement will be presented
- This will take sometime to provision portal.
- Here is how portal will look like.