Dynamics CRM Online is available for Mobile phones and Tablets. In this article we will discuss few such restrictions/ limitations and move onto outlook App for CRM.
More information on software and hardware requirements for Mobiles and tablets is available on technet.
Mobile Apps features
- User can view recently viewed records but cannot modify. All recently viewed records are cached.
- New records can be created while in offline mode but they will be in draft status.
- These draft records can be edited before going live.
- While in offline, user cannot edit existing records and cannot link one draft records to another draft record.
- Access to mobile app is controlled by security privilege.
- All custom entities can be enabled for mobile access.
- Also entities can be optionally made as read-only
- Many systems entities are enabled for mobile access. Some are not enabled and cannot be enabled.
- Mobiles and tablets use Main entity form only
- Form components can be hidden for mobile phones but does not apply for tablets
- Multiple System or user dashboards can be enabled for mobiles and tablets
New feature enabled for Dynamics CRM users.
- This is a light weight app, to track emails and view CRM records
Below table form CRM Help and Training site clearly specifies what features are available for Outlook App and Outlook
Feature Dynamics 365 App for Outlook Dynamics 365 for Outlook What you can track Email, Appointments and Create contacts Email, appointments, contacts, and tasks Works with Outlook on the web Yes No Works with Outlook for the desktop Yes Yes Works with Outlook for Mac Yes No Works with phones Yes No Open and create Dynamics 365 records directly Yes Yes Apply custom forms and business logic Yes Yes Work offline No Yes Apply Dynamics 365 email templates, and attach sales literature or KB articles No Yes Sort, filter, format, group, and categorize lists (views) No Yes Create Word mail-merge documents No Yes Control field synchronization No Yes
- Can create contact records within the APP
No installation and configuration required.